BMC Service Desk Express
We appreciate that many of our BMC Service Desk Express (SDE) customers have derived significant benefits from the product. You will probaby be aware that BMC Software acquired Numara Software. They decided to rationalise their service desk portfolio and originally announced that SDE was to be retired in May 2017.
SInce the original announcement BMC have extended SDE support until December 31, 2017.
The following table provides details of the support status of commonly used SDE versions.
What does this mean for our SDE customers?
- BMC will issue hot fixes. Please refer to BMC’s Product Support Policy for details.
- You can still migrate to other BMC products. This does not impact any existing migration offers to BMC FootPrints or BMC Remedyforce.
- We are here to help. If you have any questions, please contact your KTSL account manager for more information.
- Service Desk Express isn’t going away at this time. BMC are committed to providing support and updates for SDE until the end of 2017.
- You can add capacity if needed. You may continue to renew support and purchase additional capacity as needed.
If and when you are ready to move away from SDE we want you to know that you have choices.
- 1. Move to the cloud. KTSL will help you move to BMC Remedyforce, the innovative SaaS solution from BMC and Salesforce.com.Key incentives include:
- Credit for pre-paid, unused maintenance
- Aggressively priced on-boarding services
- Additional functionality — without added costs for most current customers
- 2. Stay on premise. If you require an on-premise solution, we can provide a migration path to BMC FootPrints.
We have developed the KTSL Migration Service to help our customers move from SDE to BMC FootPrints, BMC Remedyforce and BMC Track-It!, which helps to ensure that the migration is as pain free as possible.